- 2018 Solo Exhibition Sydney M2 Gallery "Paradigm Road'
- 2018 Finalist: NZ Adam Art Portraiture Awards – NZ Portraiture Gallery, Wellington
- 2018 NZ Adam Art Portraiture Awards, selection for NZ Tour
- 2017 Exhibit Mt Albert Grammar School, Auckland
- 2017 Exhibit NZ Art Show, TSB Arena, Wellington
- 2016 Solo Exhibition – Soul Gallery, Hamilton
- 2016 Exhibit – NZ Art Show, Wellington
- 2016 Solo Exhibition, Havelock North
- 2016 Finalist: World of Wearable Art Wellington
- 2015 Public Commission – Hawkes Bay Opera House
- 2015 Finalist: World of Wearable Art Wellington
- 2015 Exhibit NZ Art Show, TSB Arena, Wellington
- 2014 Supreme Winner, International World Of Wearable Art Competition, Wellington
- 2014 Exhibit NZ Art Show, TSB Arena, Wellington
- 2013 3rd Place Open Section – World Of Wearable Art, Wellington
- 2010 Finalist: East Exhibition – Hastings City Art Gallery
- 2010 Finalist: Matariki Art Competition, Auckland
- 2009 Solo Exhibition – Parnell Gallery, Auckland
- 2007 Solo Exhibition – Wine Country Gallery Havelock North
- 2006 Finalist Hawkes Bay Review – Hastings City Art Gallery
- 2004 Public Commission – Bruce Mason Centre, Takapuna, Auckland
- 2004 Solo Exhibition - Rothesay Bay Auckland
- 2003 Selected as Feature Artist for Hawkes Bay Vintners Charity Wine Auction
- 2003 Solo Exhibition - Hastings Community Art Centre
- 2001 Finalist NZ Telecom Art Awards (2 works)
- 2000 Finalist NZ Telecom Art Awards (1 work)
Kate is a New Zealand artist from Hawkes Bay and has been painting since 1999. Her work is held in private collections throughout New Zealand, Europe, Australia and America.
Her recent collection of oil on plywood is inspired by Aotearoa, which illustrates the strength and fragility of the people and buildings etched into its history. Kate likes to explore the fine line between reality and surrealism, with subtle reference to political, environmental and social issues. Her work explores the connection between where we have been and where we are going.
Kate MacKenzie became the Supreme World Of Wearable Arts Award Winner in 2014 with her entry design “Poly Nation”. In 2013 she entered for the first time and came 3rd in the Open section with “Hay Daysie”.
In Recent years Kate's work has been selected for The New Zealand Adam Portraiture Awards, Hawkes Bay Review and EAST Exhibition